Layers turning themselves off

Sye1982

Morning all,

Wonder if anyone can help me, I have a drawing file with 3 paper space windows in it, the drawings are floor plans.

I have frozen certain layers in different drawings etc which is fine but for some odd reason sometimes when you switch from drawing to drawing AutoCad seems to have a mind of its own and keeps turning layers off without me doing so...

very strange, I think there is a bug in the drawing which may have come from importing from a third party drawing as dont have this problem on any other drawings just this file.

I have tried purge and audit but that didnt stop it..

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same problems sometimes. 95% of drawings I do are fine. The odd one will have a layers problem where certain layers turn themselves off. It just means you have to be extra cautious before printing etc...

I've never come across such a problem (layers that turn themselves off). The nearest I have come to items not appearing on screen is when I maxed out the number of viewports I could have viewable at one time. A quick change of a setting cured that problem once and for all.

I have the exact same problems sometimes. 95% of drawings I do are fine. The odd one will have a layers problem where certain layers turn themselves off. It just means you have to be extra cautious before printing etc...

yeah real strange, still have not worked out whats causing it... have given up now will just have to make sure all layers that should be on are on when printing..

thanks for your reply

Would it be possible to obtain a copy of the file to take a first-hand look at it?

im not allowed to send the drawing to anyone other than project parties due to client confidentiality etc..

but thanks for the help offer, much appretiated