need help with inserting a jpeg in focus

sparkyuk

Hi,

I have been trying all morning to insert a jpeg into an A1 drawing, I’ve tried inserting it directly into the layout drawing, and via a view port and directly into the paper space, but every time when i come to print, it is very distorted/blurred/out of focus, the best version I did was the last one i.e. direct to paper space, but the writing/dims were very blurred the main lines of the drawing looked ok.

I'm thinking it’s a scaling issue but not sure, the jpeg drawing is of a computer floor box the customer wants the specs for it on the drawing of the building, so it need to fit at the bottom of an A1 drawing of the building and needs to be about A5 size on the drawing and I’ve never done this before so can someone please help me out here.

I have uploaded the A4 jpeg im trying to insert incase that helps

FLOOR BOXES.jpg

i've just found i have to scale the image up/down to fix focus issue.

i will add that you should consider using .png instead of .jpeg since it will eliminate the ugly whitish background, and all lines/text will take on the color the image is placed on.

I have tried changing the scale on that jpeg (now png) and I still cant get it into focus,as I can only see it out of focus when its printed,with preview it looks fine, anyone got any other advice please ?