Updating multiple advanced attributes at one time

quixin

Anyone know of a way to update the same advanced attribute over multiple layouts by making ONE change?

For example, my title block (w/ advanced attributes) uses the same original date or project #. If I have 15-20 sheets/layouts and one of these numbers change, I'm forced to change it 15-20 different times (once for each sheet).

Surely there is a faster way?

Thanks!!

Anyone know of a way to update the same advanced attribute over multiple layouts by making ONE change?

For example, my title block (w/ advanced attributes) uses the same original date or project #. If I have 15-20 sheets/layouts and one of these numbers change, I'm forced to change it 15-20 different times (once for each sheet).

Surely there is a faster way?

Thanks!!

type "gatte" and select the attribute.

You sir have changed my life.... this is fantastic...

Thanks again!

Would it be possible to update attributes that are spread across multiple files?

I'm guessing alternatively I could xref whichever attributes are dynamic?

How the xxx did you ever find this one? That's a ripper and even if you try to find it in 2010's Express Tools, it doesn't even exist...

Good work alanjt:D

How the xxx did you ever find this one? That's a ripper and even if you try to find it in 2010's Express Tools, it doesn't even exist...

Good work alanjt:D

stumbled across it one day. there's quite a few undocumented sleepers in the bonus tools.

Do a search on this forum for GATTE, it pops up quite regularly :)

For this and other hidden gems, I'd suggest trawling your way through every single command suggested in this topic:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11722&highlight=gatte

And this one:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=74304

You're guaranteed to find something usefull you never knew existed.

What I'm trying to say is: what where you doing every time someone discussed it on this forum? :wink:

I know, just giving you a hard time. I really wish I would have known about forums (if they even existed in 2000) when I first started using Autocad. I spent way too much time reading the help files and digging through Autocad directories, looking at files.