Revision cloud plotting problems

tabasco

Hello all,

I'm having a problem that I don't know how to fix. I'm a landscape architecture student and I often use rev clouds to represent shrub massings. Normally I have no problem except for on the last drawing I did. When I did a plot preview everything looked fine, but when I actually plotted it to a pdf the rev clouds didn't look the same as on the preview. I've always assumed that the plot preview was exactly what the finished print would look like, apparently this is not the case.

The settings for the rev clouds were 3' minimum, 5' max arcs, calligraphy style, if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Thanks for the quick response. Sorry I can't post a screenshot because I'm on my home computer and I don't have the drawing here.

The best way I can describe it is that everything is normal and looks the way it should until I actually turn it into a pdf. The rev clouds normally are a series of arcs, which in calligraphy style has one end of the arc thicker and the other end kind of coming to a point, kind of like a blade of grass (which I'm sure you already know).

The problem is, when it plots to pdf, the thick part of the arc turns into what looks like a dot, and the rest of the ark is just a small line weight. Sorry, it's hard to explain in words. Basically it's just not matching what the plot preview is showing. Everything else is right, just the rev clouds are wrong.

Is the Line Type you drawn the cloud with Continous? maybe its dashdot or something and the Linetype scale doesnt show correctly. Just a thought

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of using the revision cloud, open the. Design Center, scrll down to the Landscaping tab. There are a number of symbles there. search the web for additional symbls.