AutoCad 2010 Install Error

Hypnotic

Hi,

I am new to AutoCad, and I tryed installing the 2010 edition on my laptop, and I get this error.. If anyone can help me out that will be greatly appreciated..

The error says this:

Error Applying Transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid. #110

It might be a Windows installer error caused when some files were left behind from a previous install. Did you have a previous version of AutoCAD on this laptop or run into a problem installing 2010 the first time? You might have some luck if you download and run the Windows Installer CleanUp utility. You'll have to check the Microsoft website for it.

This is the first verison if had on my laptop... i did have a problem with installing it the first time.. but i deleted everything correctly except this acsigncore16.dll file which it wont allow mw to delete(is that the reason why i get the error?) i tryed the windows cleanup but that didnt work..

You had a problem with installing it the first time. I see. But you deleted everything correctly. And what method did you use? Did you follow AutoDesk's recommended advice for uninstalling AutoCAD as outlined on their website?

You'll have to spend some time at the Microsoft website checking into the nature of the problem. Another useful site is www.smartcomputing.com. A lot of computer savvy people hang out in their online forum. It too has a search feature. Plugs in a portion of the error message you received and see if you get any hits.

Are you on Subscription? If so, you might want to try contacting AutoDesk. I've looked in the Microsoft support knowledge base but there is no mention of the error in conjunction with installing AutoCAD like there is with Office for example.

OK. You've got my curiousity peaked. I found this at the Symantec website:

What is a Transform?

"A Transform (*.MST) file allows you to collect installation options for programs that use the Microsoft Windows Installer in a file. They can be used on the Installer (MSIEXEC.EXE) command line, or used in a software installation Group Policy in a Microsoft Active Directory domain."