Filter Polylines based on elevations

Hi,

I have a drawing with polylines representing Contours. All the polylines have elevations (10m intervals) and are on the same layer. I need to change the 50m contours to a different layer. So I want to be able to select all polylines on this layer with a elevations 50, 100, 150, 200 .....etc It is over a 200 km2 area

I tried using filter but it did not work for me

I based the filter on polyline, layer and elevations ie 50, 100 ......etc

Has anyone any other ideas how to accomplish this?

or what am I doing wrong with the Filter

thanks

• 7 years later...

I would like to do the same thing. I set up the FILTER the same exact way with my desired input elevations. However, upon clicking "Apply", nothing is selected, and AutoCAD instructs me to select objects. When I attempt to select objects, nothing at all is selected. I have looked at quite a few other posts and can't seem to resolve it. The objects are labeled as 3D Polylines in the properties window. Any ideas?

The process used is fairly long, so being able to select all of the major contours (10' increments) and apply them to one layer first would be helpful in streamlining the process.

If you want say 10 then 20 then 30 and dont have a huge number of intervals then just sue Polyline and elevation in your fileter keep changing the elevation varaiable.

Better way is do a search here its been answered before using a lisp. A post last week wanted colours to change via elevation.

I would like to do the same thing. I set up the FILTER the same exact way with my desired input elevations. However, upon clicking "Apply", nothing is selected, and AutoCAD instructs me to select objects. When I attempt to select objects, nothing at all is selected. I have looked at quite a few other posts and can't seem to resolve it. The objects are labeled as 3D Polylines in the properties window. Any ideas?

The process used is fairly long, so being able to select all of the major contours (10' increments) and apply them to one layer first would be helpful in streamlining the process.

Do 3D Polylines have Elevations?

Untested, just seems unlikely, as the end points could be at different Z Values. :|

Unlike regular Polylines which are flat, and thus at a single elevation.

Off the top of my head, your filter might need to define Z values of end points instead of Elevation, in order to account for 3D Polylines.

Using the CHANGE command on a set of non-horizontal 3D Polylines, and changing their elevations to 0, flattened them all out, so I guess they do have Elevations (probably defined by the Z Vertex), but not sure how to apply that information.

Edited by Dadgad