3D Dashed Poly Lines - How to Create

NYATI

Hi All

I am creating 3D Topographical Survey drawings using MAP 2008/09 and need to have a 3D dashed poly line to show edge of a road and line markings etc.

This is possible to create in the MX (MOSS) produced by Bentley which can then be brought into AutoCAD.

These lines are oK but you need "add-on" software from Bentley. If you don't have the add-on the lines come out as

ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY which you can do nothing with i.e. no vertices, unable to snap to, unable to edit/manipulate etc. If you explode these lines they become a series of short poly lines with different start and end z values. Again these are time consuming to work with.

As most of our clients don't have the necessary add-on, I would like to replace ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY with a standard 3D Poly line

which is dashed with various dash lengths. Any vertices on the line need to be in there true locations as these are usually points surveyed and road design engineers need true 3D co-ords of vertices.

Attached is samples of line work I have and would like to replace.

Is there a K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple for Surveyors!) solution out there?

Thanks

Nyati

ACAD PROXY OF MX 3D DASHED.dwg

What an unfriendly conversion :shock: When the lines are exploded, just the dashed part of the line becomes a polyline, and separated by spaces.

Perhaps a solution is to request a string llisting, and to make 3D strings from scratch. If you disable the linetype generation, then each vertex will have solid lines and not be in the dashed part of the line.