consultant's drawing - not plotting changes

Sarah H

I have a drawing from a consultant, when I draw changes, eg a polyline around an object - it doesn't plot the new polyline.

I have xreffed the drawing into one of my own, now MY drawing refuses to plot any changes. :o

I'm definitely not drawing on a non-plotting layer. I've never come across this before, any suggestions? I'm trying to explode everything umpteen times, put everything on layer 0 and try again.

As Skip mentioned, was a bug floating around the Internet that altered things without us noticing. Thought had caught all the instances, but came back via a consultant's drawing a good year later on.

The bug would change the layering to FREEZE instead of off. I could import the consultant's drawing (usually they were 2-3 weeks behind everyone else) and then when it came time for plotting, all I got was a border and time/date stamp. That FREEZE routine turned off near everything when the signal went down the wire to the plotter. I could see everything, but it did not plot everything.

allthough your printer icons haven't got a red line through, are any of them set to be frozen in the viewport?

[ATTACH]14354[/ATTACH]

No, we weren't even working through viewports, just on the model space, and just plotting from the model space aswell, just to sketch over and such, so viewports weren't even involved.

On the consultant's orig drawing there were sheets set up, but none of the layers were set to freeze in viewports, so it's still a mystery.

I'm afraid I can't post up the file. I wish i could, you would see what a weird thing it is!

We worked around by copying the info into a new drawing, faffing about some more and copying it into the drawing we needed. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Maybe you're working on the Defpoints layer.

I tried working on lots of different layers, new layers, layers imported from other drawings, NOTHING I drew on the model space would plot.

Editing lines drawn by the consultant did plot edited, but some of teh layers I editted just disappeared. Very very strange.

Would you be willing to share the drawing with one of us if we wanted to check it out personally?

I can't, it's office work, and it's from a sensitive external consultant. Thanks for the offer though.

Could you erase everything but one block (from the consultant) and do a "save as"? Don't purge the file either so it retains all the layers. Would that be acceptable?

Could you erase everything but one block (from the consultant) and do a "save as"? Don't purge the file either so it retains all the layers. Would that be acceptable?

i tried that, it's still 400KB too big to attach, even with purging. The problem still exists after the purging too. I'll try again later.

• 1 month later...

As a matter of fact it was.

Sarah emailed the drawing to me. I was able to edit it (adding and deleting objects like lines and text) then I saved it under a different name and emailed it back to her. She was able to work with the drawing after that.