Hardware Acceleration Problem

ARYT

Okay. I had some problems with all versions of AutoCAD (2004, 2008, 2010) and it was solved by disabling the "Hardware acceleration" using "3dconfig" command.

Recently, we're learning how to work with SolidWorks and I have the same problem again.

As far as I know, SolidWorks doesn't have a command bar and I couldn't find anything "Hardware acceleration-related" in options.

I've also tried to disable the "Hardware acceleration" from control panel, but I'm using an ATI Radeon graphic card which doesn't allow any change in setting.

Is there an alternative way to do that or is there a way to disable "Hardware acceleration" in SolidWorks?

My problem: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39835

Any idea?

I found the solution myself:

Switch off the "Hardware Acceleration" by Using Tools - Options - System Options - Performance and Ticking the box labelled 'Use Software Open GL'

This will make SolidWorks run a little slower but it should get stable.