Bulk engineering - Import from excel to dwg

-Dave-

I'm curious if there exist a tool wich I can use to import data (text) from an excel sheet into several autocad drawings? I have to fill in a lot of loop diagrams and I am hoping to make my work a little bit faster. The data is different for every drawing.

Another usefull apllication would be a tool wich can change the same text line in all my drawings. (For exemple, to make drawings "as build".)

On the AutoCAD tool bar select, Insert, select OLE object on the dropdown menu. A window will open with all the objects You can insert into AutoCAD.

I plan to setup door and window schedules in Excell to use in my drawings.

I'm curious if there exist a tool wich I can use to import data (text) from an excel sheet into several autocad drawings? I have to fill in a lot of loop diagrams and I am hoping to make my work a little bit faster. The data is different for every drawing.

Another usefull apllication would be a tool wich can change the same text line in all my drawings. (For exemple, to make drawings "as build".)

Have you tried just copy and paste?

When I have to increase the revision, and the title block is the same for all of the drawings, I use Ctrl+C, select base point then select what i want copied. Open the new drawing and use Ctrl+V to paste, using the same reference point. Its much faster than retyping for every sheet, especially when there are a bunch of them.

If anyone else has something better i am all ears.

As far as the Excel I have used the same procedure in the past.