Commands vrom VLX in Lisp

M76

Hi

I'm trying to run a command inside a lisp, that is loaded from a vlx file into autocad. But it gives me an unkown command error. If I simply run it from the command line it works, but not through a lisp. Do I need to do something extra for the command to be avaialable from a lisp? I don't have access to the source of the vlx.

• 6 months later...

So you are stuck with this construct?

[b][color=Blue](defun c:test (/ str)
 (setq str (getstring "\nEnter a String: "))
 (print str)
 (princ))[/color][/b]

(defun CallTest nil
[b][color=Red]  (c:test)[/color][/b]
 [b][color=Green](princ)[/color][/b])

This causes a problem as when the 'test' function is called (red), the blue code is evaluated, and the green code is not evaluated until the blue code is completed.

Lee

You're not giving a lot of information. However, it sounds like the vlx prompts for selection and a few questions.

What you could do is create your selection, then feed the selection and other required parameters to the routine through vla-sendcommand (I know I plug this command a lot).

eg.

ssget (no pickfirst)

(defun c:Test (/ ss)
 (if (setq ss (ssget "_:L"))
   (vla-sendcommand (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)) "CommandName !ss Y N 0.5 ")))

ssget (with pickfirst available)

(defun c:Test (/ ss)
 (and (setq ss (ssget "_:L"))
      (sssetfirst nil ss)
      (vla-sendcommand (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)) "CommandName Y N 0.5 ")))

entsel

(defun c:Test (/ e)
 (if (setq e (car (entsel)))
   (vla-sendcommand (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object))
     "CommandName !e Y N 0.5 ")))

Oh yeah, and if in a situation where a space " " will not force the command to continue (ie: (getstring T "\nEnter String: ") ), you can replace the " " with "\n", which will act the same as if the user pressed the Enter key.

I need to write a little explanation on using vla-sendcommand. I swear I mention/explain it and load/autoload all the time. LOL

Thanks for the tips, I ended up copying the command into the same lsp, and editing it to work as a function.

'copying the command into the same lsp'

? :huh: