Stress Analysis

Gno

Can someone please direct me to some stress analysis tutorials. I have a 1/8"wall steel tubing and wanted to apply a force to it. i Clicked force on the panel, entered my magnitude, selected the direction, click ok and nothing happens.

-Color Bar

-Results

-Animate result

None of these options are enabled to be used. Is there a step that i havent done prior to step analysis?

you have to select a location for the force on your part as well. You also need to have some constraints(fixed) consitions, material selection for anything to work. There are nice tutorials built into the softaware. I have an older version of IV here at work so I cant look at your file. can you post a screen shot?

i did my first stress test today, and it was very very easy...

placed a simple 5000mm long HEA structure from content center.

enter stress environment.

choose the two faces (Start and end of the part) and applyed constrains.

apply a force from the side.

run simulation..

worked straight away :D

Love it..

Now i just need to sketch out our crane that we bulit and stress test it... :P

How about moving parts? like a crane.. the stresses will be different depending on how far the arm is from center, how do i do that?

king. I dont know that inventors ansys solver has the ability to do assemblies yet. Basically you have to analyze each part individually. I do most of my fea stuff with Solidworks. I know that you can do a weld analysis on a weldment in inventor but i dont believe you can take a weldment or structure into the Simulation environment.

BUT, there is dynamic simulation. it will let you put an assembly into a simulation envrionment and input forces and torques and see how things interact and get information about points that you pick.

king. I dont know that inventors ansys solver has the ability to do assemblies yet. Basically you have to analyze each part individually.

img182.imageshack.us/img182/6729/pipestress.jpg

Works perfect.. ;)