3DSOUT not available in AutoCAD (vanilla) 2010

PaulH

Having just installed AtoCAD 2010 (vanilla) from the Autodesk student download site, it appears the 3DSOUT command for exporting 3ds files no longer works! The 3ds utility to install the missing Ac3dsxxx.arx files still installs the files but when the 3dsout command is executed an incompatible error message is displayed.:x

Does anyone else have this problem?

OS - VISTA 32bit

• 4 months later...

What's up with autodesk with 3dsout???

With a simple google search you can see how many autocad users rely on this feature. Not only they didn't include this in 2010 version but the 3dsout download from Autodesk dosen't even work!!!

I was extremly happy with my new Quad core comp and autocad 2010 upgrade. I'm really pissed I have to downgrade to my older version of autocad because this is a needed feature I use with another program.

Make your feelings known to AutoDesk then. Anyone who feels this is an important feature to retain should not sit on the sidelines with mouth closed. Speak up!