Generate "Packing List"

eric_monceaux

I work for a cast stone company and one of the items that have been debated is whether or not AutoCAD can generate a piece/packing list with piece labels and quantities.

Entering this part list for each unit can get rather tedious.

I have included a DWG basic example of what I would like to achieve.

Part List Example.dwg

I am leaning towards using the TABLE command, and list each piece label and quantity in their respective columns manually. I have looked into FIELDS, and various BOM programs, but there just doesn't seem to be anything out there that is made to quantify a units individual pieces...either that, or I just don't know exactly what to call what I am searching for. Basically it is a...cut sheet, or packing list for each individual unit. :huh:

My end goal is to automate as much of the repetative processes as possible, so that we can produce a higher volumn of shop drawings. Currently we have slowed just enough to let me squeeze in some design time before the flood hits again.