Dynamic Block Extraction

Lee5150

Hi guys,

I work for a furniture manufacturing company called British Thornton and yesterday I was asked by my colleague if I could create a dynamic block that would show our standard double cupboard but have visibilty states for each type of sink we sell.

We would then need to be able to extract the data for a legend on our drawings. ( I feared a problem here straight away)

I created the block and then tried to extract the data from that block to see which blocks were picked up. As I feared, it was all of them.

Is there a way to have multiple blocks within a dynamic block (on different visibility states,) but when extracting the data from that block, only the visible blocks show up in the table, and not the rest of the block that are hidden, as well.

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Lee Kitson

I'm not sure if this is feasable but can you do something with a lookup table? You should be able to extract something from that but the other way is a bit tricky (in 2008 at least). Fuccaro posted a way of linking a table to visibility states a few years back - it was complicated but worked. If I find the link I'll post it.