Plan and profile sheet

mvilla724

Well, you need a natural ground line, or finished ground line above at expanded scale of 1"=40' Hoz. and 1"=4' vertical.

Then some agencies ask for a centerline of water pipe, and some ask for a flow line of pipe.

Overall, you need an example sheet to see how it is done.

Wm.

will i use the profile pull down, scan existing surface, then create full profile? i have a current alignment down the centerline, and a current existing surface. if this is the procedure, i am having the most trouble configuring the profile grid. i do want it at 1" = 4', but the profile is tall and doesn't fit the lower view port. do you have any pointers for setting up the grid? thanks for your help.

As I recall the drawing scale affects this. I remember it was tricky learning to set up that stuff when I first began learning, but once you get it down it is a cinch.

If you are going for 1"=40' horiz. and 1"=4' vert. be sure your dwg scale is set to 1"=40'.

will i use the profile pull down, scan existing surface, then create full profile? i have a current alignment down the centerline, and a current existing surface. if this is the procedure, i am having the most trouble configuring the profile grid. i do want it at 1" = 4', but the profile is tall and doesn't fit the lower view port. do you have any pointers for setting up the grid? thanks for your help.

Am probably a bad one to ask here, for before there even was Autocad on the market, those guys visited our operation back in the late 1970's and took home several ideas to San Jose of which we were using another computer based system for plotting the P&P. I sat next to the software developers at the time and had them write up some interchange program to Autodesk. In late 1990's it was still being used, and converted (even faster) and used to allow you to set scale grid, etc. then where breaks were to occur, grades, distances, were all calculated automatically and plotted out. Essentially were too many options and thus had to say "For this agency use..." Never understood that.

Was a book out by Wattles explaining how to draw via hand and computer what you have asked. He caught a bunch of flack on that one. But ought to be a way to xref in the profiles, set the scale factor to 40 in E-W and to 4 for N-S then. Did this often for smaller projects, and without loading parameters in to harder software. You then can quickly manipulate the objects via scooting them around and in to your final position. But, you got to watch and read the grid.

Wm.