I Cant Array in "Edit in Elevation"

Currahee

I just upgraded from ADT 2006 to Architecture 2010.

I Cant Array in "Edit in Elevation" in 2010. In 06 when arraying windows in wall (in "Edit in elevation") you select the window then select the position line (horz or vert) then pick the 2 points outside the array. Well, in 2010 it will not let me array horizontal but only vertical.

Is this a glitch, am I missing something, doing something wrong?

I wound up just dragging multiple windows out then using the "space evenly" command.

Has anyone else had this problem in Architecture 2010?

I just upgraded from ADT 2006 to Architecture 2010.

I Cant Array in "Edit in Elevation" in 2010. In 06 when arraying windows in wall (in "Edit in elevation") you select the window then select the position line (horz or vert) then pick the 2 points outside the array. Well, in 2010 it will not let me array horizontal but only vertical.

Is this a glitch, am I missing something, doing something wrong?

I wound up just dragging multiple windows out then using the "space evenly" command.

Has anyone else had this problem in Architecture 2010?

hmm... I will have to look into this. I am currently using 09 for computability reasons. But have 2010 somewhere lol.

is your UCS set the right way for the direction you are trying to array?

hmm... I will have to look into this. I am currently using 09 for computability reasons. But have 2010 somewhere lol.

is your UCS set the right way for the direction you are trying to array?

Well the UCS should set automatically when coming out of 2d/wireframe-top into "edit in elev"....that is the whole purpose of being able to "edit in elev" without having to go into side then have to rotate UCS in order to edit.....but to be honest I didnt even notice.

Matter of fact if the UCS werent set correctly, then I wouldnt have been able to drag them along "X" would I?...I dont know...I will have to check this out.

One more thing....I did rotate the house in different views after this in order to find out if the array acted similar and it did.

Well the UCS should set automatically when coming out of 2d/wireframe-top into "edit in elev"....that is the whole purpose of being able to "edit in elev" without having to go into side then have to rotate UCS in order to edit.....but to be honest I didnt even notice.

Matter of fact if the UCS werent set correctly, then I wouldnt have been able to drag them along "X" would I?...I dont know...I will have to check this out.

One more thing....I did rotate the house in different views after this in order to find out if the array acted similar and it did.

I have a few quick keys that will change the ucs back to world that i commonly unconciously hit when in an edit view. It will let you move things in the X direction which is actually the Y direction with the ucs set to world.

I tried it in 09 and it allowed me to array just fine. I do not have our copy of 2010 installed at home, So I might need to check the machines in the office and see if anyone has it installed there.

I have a few quick keys that will change the ucs back to world that i commonly unconciously hit when in an edit view. It will let you move things in the X direction which is actually the Y direction with the ucs set to world.

I tried it in 09 and it allowed me to array just fine. I do not have our copy of 2010 installed at home, So I might need to check the machines in the office and see if anyone has it installed there.

I would appreciate that...thanks bud