How To Add Dimensions To a Drawing?

abrogard

Well, what can I say?

As a user who has had no training in AutoCAD, learned on my feet, hated the helpfiles for being useless (which is why you won't find them installed on most installations in industry), and laughed out loud at job adverts requiring 'full knowledge of AutoCAD' at 'minimum wage', I can feel your pain abrogard

However, as a moderator here, I would advise you against abusing the membership of this forum in your frustration. It's against the rules. Whichever other forums you may 'mouth off' on, this forum runs differently. We're here to help each other, and maintain a strict policy of suitability for use in the workplace, so given the fact that throwing rattles round a real office isn't acceptable behaviour, it isn't acceptable here either (unless you're having a 'please sympathise with me' moan in our 'chat' forum :wink: )

Your posts have been an interesting reflection on the differences between the type of technical personnel who choose to make ACAD part of their career, and IT people though :wink:

We're here to answer the questions anybody has wrt AutoCAD, but given that most people are posting here perhaps whilst the plotter is running in work, or in a short teabreak, the more concise your question is, the better chance you have of eliciting a useful answer. If a respondent asks a question you've already answered, chances are your statement has been lost in amongst either more important info, or swathes of irrelevance

BTW - layouts are not a 'beginner' function as they open up the whole jar of worms which is SCALE and all of its related functions, commands and settings. To treat AutoCAD as a manual drawing board everything should be produced in modelspace at 1:1, with the scale applied at the PLOT stage. Applying a scale in any fashion prior to this will require an understanding of where scales crop up and how to set them up correctly

How did you not spot the 'overall scale' box when you opened the dimension dialogue box btw? Had you read this you wouldn't have encountered the problem you did, as (presumably) you'd know this needed to correspond to the scale applied to your layout windows

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• abrogard

• Cad64

• GE13579