Importing a line drawing

deangelis

After cutting and pasting a line drawing into Autocad 2007, and after the mechanical tracing over the line drawing is complete, would someone please tell me the procedure for separating the tracing from the line drawing, or getting rid of the cut and pasted line drawing altogether?

Thank you in advance,

De Angelis

The line drawing and the "tracing" should have both been on separate layers. That way you could isolate one from the other (Layer: off or Layer: freeze) and do whatever needed to be done like erase everything. Let me guess; everything is on one layer, right?

Thanks for your reply.

The reason that I am tracing over then is that they were hand drawn and need to be corrected mechanically, with straight lines, arcs, etc.

David De Angelis

It was a crudely drawn line drawing that I scanned and made into a jpg. I then opened it in a viewer to size it, ACDC, I think it was, and cut and pasted it from there to Autocad 2007.

David De Angelis

You can use qselect to select lines, then change to a frozen layer, the delete all (the pasted object).

Probably you can also click on the edge of the pasted raster image to slect it?

If I were at a higher level, it probably would have been, however I was introduced to Autocad less than a month ago, so it certainly would not have been easier for me. Before my introduction to Autocad I had been designing tooling on a drawing board with an Engineering instrument, for more than several years. I have to admit to preferring the computer.

While I am on your nickel here, I would appreciate you shedding some light on the "layiso" command and it's use, if you have the time.

Thank you,

David De Angelis