Autocad 3d modeling workspace

javierrebelde

Hi,

I need help, when i create a new dwg using the acad3D.dwt i see the view grey with a 3diemndinal lines etc. if i have a regular dwg and i want to activate that view the 3d grey color with the 3dimensional view using the menu or the ribbon not the workspace option at the right corner what i have to do?

because right now if i select the 3d workspace i see only a 2d black screen.

You can make AutoCAD default to the acadiso3D.dwt when opening a new drawing simply by doing the following.

Tools > Options > Display tab. Click on the Colors button. At the next window select either 3D parallel projection or 3D prespective projection. Click on the Apply & Close button. Finally, click on the OK button. Open a new drawing and notice what AutoCAD now defaults to.

After thinking about this I'm not 100% sure it's going to work. Please let me know one way or the other. I need to think on it a bit more.

hi thanks but i cant do that because i use my cad more for 2d, i know i can select something on the menu or ribbon to activate the 3dimensional space grey with the lines etc and the cube at the top right cornner but i cant remember wheres i saw that on a viedeo online but i cant find the video.

no, let me see if i can explain this more simple.

ok i open my empty dwg regular 2d ok and i select my 3d workspace on y bottom right cornner of my autocad ok everything change to 3d workspace except the view, i see the regular black screen for 2d, i want to see the grey 3dimensional workspace with the cube etc. i know i can switch from 2d to 3d in the same workspace but i cant find how.

ok i got it, wow after a day finally i found it, was a very simple things but is you dont know what you are looking can take a day here is the deal.

i had to change in 3d workspace / home tab / 2d wireframe to realistic and then activate the grids with f7.

thats all, wow a day for that simple thing but thatks for your help any way.

• 7 months later...

urgh. so frustrating (i had the opposite problem, couln't get out of grey 3d screen no matter what i tried)

THANKYOU for posting your solution. xx