newbie trying his best for design project help, advice & criticism most welcome

psych-arch

Hi all,

Im in my final year of university and for our group project we have to develop a design.

I may be asking in the wrong place or using the wrong program entirely but civil 3d seemed the way forward.

Now heres what i would like to do

import from google maps the map and contours of the proposed site - which i have done to a degree of success

As i am used to using standard AutoCad i have no experience of civil 3d and may well be barking up the worng tree in terms of what i want to do.

- i would like to propose several road layouts around the site, to study traffic flow

- make a 3d space in which our final design for building can be laid into and seen in respect of its surroundings perhaps exporting this into revit

- i understand civil 3d can help with construction management aspects in terms of staging the build and diverting traffic

theres the foundations of what i would like to acheive and sorry for asking, believe me i will trawl through tutorials to help me acheive this goal but if anyone can help me fast track this would me almightily appreciated

Cheers

Freddie