Top Posters In This Topic

• kxt

• eldon

• dbroada

• MFish

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
Is the grid that important? After all the grid is like connecting the dots. Personally, I have never ever used the grid.

A bit of a smug comment this one! Yes the grid is important. It enables drafties who draw wiring diagrams to keep the work tidy (evenly spaced). Short of using Offset and Mirror commands this is the only sensible way to do it!

Agree with the grid and snap problems. The alignment of the displayed grid is frequently out of line with the snap points. 'Regen' seems to help but the problem keeps resurfacing. You can find yourself wasting a lot of time trying to make things look right! I believe it is a bug in the program which wasn't there in the 2007 version. I can understand the frustration of teaching AutoCAD when you you state that the software does something but is not too good at it!

A bit of a smug comment this one!

I am sorry that you find my remark smug. Perhaps you could open your mind and read it as an honest comment about how I use AutoCAD, with tongue slightly in cheek.

Usually, contributors to this forum are sufficiently grown-up and professional not to feel the need to post derogatory and personal remarks.

• 1 month later...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this problem with later versions of AutoCAD. I was beginning to think it was just me.

An easier solution I find is to just click the mouse wheel. Sometimes it takes two or three clicks to get all the dots back into alignment, but it's certainly easier than doing a Regen every ten seconds. And I don't know about other people, but I click and hold the mouse wheel all the time to drag the drawing around the screen, so the dot alignment problem is not too big a deal, but it is still an annoying bug in the program.

• 6 years later...

OK, so I am 6 years late, but this may help somebody else with this issue.

I had the same problem and my solution was this:

Type "SNAPBASE" on command line and set it to 0,0.

That is it - worked for me.

Hope this helps some people out!