Disarming Mouse Wheel

gsksun4

I use my index finger back and forth between my pick button and my return or enter button. The wheel in the middle on the mouse gets in the way and I keep opening a small flyout that has a list of commands, starting with Tracking, From, Point Filters, etc. Is there a way to disarm this? I know I should use two fingers, but I've always used just one. Odd, I know, but I trigger this flyout constantly.

On mine I use the hell out of the mouse wheel. I use it to zoom extents by double clicking, i use it to pan by click and dragging, and i use it to zoom in and out by rolling it.

I know that you get get rid of the flyouts by going to Tools, options, then click on the user preference tab and unchecking the shortcut menus in drawing area box.

hope that helps.

I'm always using the wheel. Wouldn't know what to do without it!

I am with you 100%, but this is for a guy that uses only one finger for both left and right clicking. :wacko: lol j/k

I am with you 100%, but this is for a guy that uses only one finger for both left and right clicking. :wacko: lol j/k

Heh, I'm up in age. I didn't grow up with video games. I'm guessing that's the reason.

So you forgot that you couldn't operate a wheeled mouse?:unsure: Must be old age.:lol:

The one I had before didn't have a wheel. Yes it was old. IT gave me a new mouse, but the ones they have are small.

What if you change mbuttonpan, would that help? At least it would give you the osnap menu.

Setting it to (1) did the trick. It's the osnap menu I was trying to get rid of. The zoom control is fine.

Thank you.

I'm sorry but I could not help myself. It seems so obvious that you would have requested a non-wheeled mouse or at least told the IT gopher that the mouse he/she brought you was not going to be a good fit.

Seriously though...disable the functionality so at least when you "spin your wheels" (now that pun was intended) you don't end up with the onscreen menu that constantly annoys you.

OK. I'm done.

I'm sorry but I could not help myself. It seems so obvious that you would have requested a non-wheeled mouse or at least told the IT gopher that the mouse he/she brought you was not going to be a good fit.

Seriously though...disable the functionality so at least when you "spin your wheels" (now that pun was intended) you don't end up with the onscreen menu that constantly annoys you.

OK. I'm done.

It's OK, I can take a joke. Like I said, you've been very helpful and I respect that. I did request a new mouse, but all thay have are these small wheeled one's. I requested what's comfortable and they said, go to Office Depot. The one that was similar, which I bought, naturally has the wheel. I guess I had the old one for so long, it made for an uncomfortable switch. And yes, setting the variable to (1) disabled the osnap menu.

Thanks again.