Digital ID Error

jeepinmoe

Three days ago, I obtained a trial 60 day Class 1 Digital ID from the VeriSign website. But..I am having trouble with it. I use AutoCAD 2004 and would like to be able to digitally sign drawing files. After I installed the digital ID, I signed a test drawing file. When I open the file on this same PC, the digital ID shows as valid. However, when I open the file on a different PC, AutoCAD displays "Digital ID Error. Problem in certification path". How can I sign these drawing files and distribute them to my clients and have the digital IDs show as valid?

Thanks for any help!

• 2 years later...

Having the same problem for months, no solution found. I posted my problem on several CAD forums, asked Autodesk Tech support and Verisign/Symantec support but no solution have been found.

If AutoDesk and Verisign can't or won't help then I'm not sure anyone here can solve your problem. What steps have you already taken to troubleshoot the problem?