wacky scrolling

chelsea1307

Over the last couple of days while scrolling (mainly online) Ive been getting this circle thing with 2 arrows and a dot in the middle that makes my scrolling uncontrolable. I havent changed any settings that I know of or added any software same mouse ive been using for over a year, any one know what setting to use to make it stop

Edit: Just notices that it starts when the scroll wheel is pressed down or too much pressure when scrolling.

That's too funny. It's also normal behavior. Push down once to initiate scolling. Push down again to disengage.

Push down and hold it in position and see what happens next as you move your mouse. You might like it.

We might have to add a computer-related forum.

We might have to add a computer-related forum.

i think that would be a good idea, ive checked out some computer related forums and havent found any that i like and I usually get the fastest responses here in either this forum or the OS and hardware forum

You can try this.

1. Go to Control Panel via Start Button
  2. Double-click on Mouse
  3. Go to Hardware tab
  4. Select Mouse in Devices
  5. Then click Properties
  6. Click the Advance Settings tab
  7. Change the Wheel Detection field to Detection Disable
  8. Click OK.

May require a reboot (not too sure).

This and the above come courtesy of the TechArena forum.

Find and download the program called TWEAKUI and install it.

Open the tool.

Click the MOUSE field to expand its view.

Click on WHEEL.

Then uncheck the "USE MOUSE WHEEL FOR SCROLLING" box.

Press Apply.

Click OK.

Let us know if either method works. I'd be interested.

I didnt have the option under advanced tab it was part of the regular tabs (wheel) through the control panel but there wasnt a box to uncheck.

I downloaded the program and although it makes the circle thing go away it also takes all scrolling ability away.

Looks like ill just need to be carefull and not press to hard when trying to scroll or get comfortable with the circle thing

I don't recall for sure but when the wheel was introduced did it have this particular type of functionality (the ability to depress it)? The answer to your problem might be in locating an older mouse.

Speaking of scroll wheels, anybody have an idea why my scroll wheel will pan while it's pressed down but won't zoom in/out (pans up/down instead) in AutoCAD 2009? It's a Dell model M-BAC-DEL5.

Enter new value for MBUTTONPAN :

In "Mouse Suite" that allows me to adjust the properties, my button 3 (middle button) is set to None(none) and all of my mouse properties via the Control Panel are set to default.

Could it simply be a case of NOT pressing down on the wheel to get it to zoom in and out? That should have been my very first question. Duh!

Could it simply be a case of NOT pressing down on the wheel to get it to zoom in and out? That should have been my very first question. Duh!

Haha, no, pressing down gives me a drag-pan, not pressing down gives me a scroll-pan...this whole situation is making me need a bed-pan.

Hmmm....

You'll probably have to go into your CUI and make a change then. I don't understand why your mouse defaults to a scroll-pan when all you're doing is spinning the wheel.

You have any side-mounted buttons on this mouse?

You'll probably have to go into your CUI and make a change then. I don't understand why your mouse defaults to a scroll-pan when all you're doing is spinning the wheel.

Okay, it worked fine with my old generic Dell mouse. I'm not sure why it changed.

You have any side-mounted buttons on this mouse?

Yeah, two. I even customized those to be shortcuts for saving and opening. Just can't figure out the scroll button. Oh well.

Try this:

Tools > Options > Display tab. Under the heading Window elements uncheck Display scroll bars in drawing window. Click Apply then OK. Try your mouse. What happens?