importing images crashes acad

randomnewb

When I try to insert a .tiff image into my drawings I'm get a fatal error.

I've always done my drawings like this, but I'm with a new employer now. If I can get this to work I'm sure to impress my new boss. Currently they use the measure tool in adobe. Its terrible, constanly having to alt tab back and forth to use a craptastic measuring device.

I tried installing the hotfix listed on the Autodesk website, did not help. Not sure what service pack of ACAD this machine is running.

Attached is a screen shot of the error i get. I didnt attach my dwg file, but it does it in any drawing.

tifferror.JPG

Maybe the error is memory related. What are the system specs?

Re: Service Pack.

In AutoCAD 2007 click on Help > About > at next screen click on Product Information button (top right corner). At next screen look at the second item down on the left-hand side: Product service pack. That should give you the info you seek.

i do not have the ability to click on help :(

we use microvellum, it incorporates itself into autocad and reworks the file menu

sample_layout.jpg

3D work? Yeah, you might be a little light on RAM if your model is fairly complex. How big is the file?

Don't I see a Help pull-down at the top of the screen? Microvellum overrides this?

inserting the tiff or jpg image has nothing to do with 3d, im inserting the images into blank drawings and getting the fatal errors.

microvellum replaces help with its own help, i can access acad's help via the F1 keystroke, but cannot click the pull down help from the file menu, thus cannot click on "about" to check my service pack version.

this is frustrating :glare:

anyone else have any ideas?

help.jpg

Then just type the word About at the command line and press Enter. It should work.

How big are these image files you're trying to insert?

What was this hotfix you mentioned about?

ok looks like im running on SP2

files are a little over 2mb as tiff, much smaller as jpg

i cannot post a link to a website, i do not meet the 9 post requirement :huh:

google "tiff hotfix autodesk" and it should be the first result

a friend recommended i just google the exact error text, im going to try that now

ill post how that works out for me shortly here