Annotative text and dims from the tool palette

I have finally got permission to start trialling 2010LT across our department. Everyone else is using 2007LT so they haven't had a chance to play with the annotative text, dims etc of the previous versions. To help them out I want to set up tool palettes with our text styles and dimension styles to ease the transition. Although I can add our styles to the palette whenever people bring them in they come in as non-annotative even though they definitely were annotative when I added them to the palette. Does anyone have a solution to this??

As an alternative I was thinking about creating templates with tem in already, would this work?

It sounds like you may have a style naming issue ?

Do the styles that you used to use (i.e. the non-annotative) have the exact same name(s) as the styles you wish to put on the toolpalettes (i.e. the annotative) ?

Do the styles that you used to use (i.e. the non-annotative) have the exact same name(s) as the styles you wish to put on the toolpalettes (i.e. the annotative) ?

No previously we had a diiferent name for each scale and had a long list.

i.e. dims 10, dims 20, dims 50 .....

notes 10, notes 20.....

room names 50, room names 100...

so we wound up with three full palettes i thought it would be handy to have 4 icons

Notes, Room Names, Titles and dimensions.

Initially I tried just dragging a piece of text of each style and a dimension onto the palette so you could write text and dimension immediately in the right style.

That didn't work so I dragged dim style and text style commands and changed the properties to say the correct styles this still didn't work but at least brought up the text style page so you could click the annotative tab straight away and amended the tool tip to give instructions on how to change the dimensions to annotative.

Here is a brief run-down of what I did at my previous employment.

I created a Toolbar (with buttons) which contained a different for each different height of text (e.g. 2.5mm, 3.5, 5mm, etc).

Then I created a new Tool Palette and dragged (copied) onto it, all the buttons I created earlier.

The syntax for Annotative text on a button was along the lines of:

^C^C-style;STYLENAME;FONTNAME;a;yes;no;1.4;1.0;0;;;mtext

That should get you on your way; I'm sure there are other ways but this way suited the purpose

Fantastic it worked!! I've had to change the style names to include an underscore instead of a space which will make me popular with the guys that have already started drawing :)

I am just experimenting now with the dimension style.

I never though of doing it that way before. I used to create scripts for batch plotting regular drawings using that style of command so I must be getting forgetfull!

I think I have cracked the annotative dimension tool pallete

^C^C-dimstyle an;yes;WH_Dims;yes;r;WH_Dims;dimlinear

I have set the properties of the tool pallete to use dimension style WH_Dims which seems to bring in the style then the above code amends the style to be annotative.

If anyone has a simpler way of doing that I'd appreciate hearing it ;)