Action Recorder

happyunited

Action RECORDER autocad 2009.

This is a handy tolld for recording actions but does anyone know how I would actually find out the macro text that the action creates when it records so I could make a toolbar button?

I know I can just type the action I created but is there anyway of finding out the actualt macro like ^C^ etc etc

Not sure I understand your question.

Can you elaborate further what you are wanting to do ?

The macro to reset the scale list edit is ^c^c.-scalelistedit;_R;_Y;_E;

I can create a button because I already know this but say for example I created an action to do the same thing as above and it works perfect but just say I didnt know that the macro was ^c^c.-scalelistedit;_R;_Y;_E; for scalelisteditreset how would I extract that information from the action recorder so I could create a button?

I hope this is a bit clearer.

The simplest way would be to open the Ribbon, navigate to Tools, then Action Recorder.

Select the 'command' you wish to 'extract information from' from the drop-down list.

Select the black triangle just below the drop-down list, and it should be populated with all the commands recorded for that particular macro.

The simplest way would be to open the Ribbon, navigate to Tools, then Action Recorder.

Select the 'command' you wish to 'extract information from' from the drop-down list.

Select the black triangle just below the drop-down list, and it should be populated with all the commands recorded for that particular macro.

Thanks for that but I was thinking more of a file that simply gave me the marco output like ^c^c.-scalelistedit;_R;_Y;_E; where I dont have to manually do that all myself.

You're aware that you can "play" a macro created with the Action Recorder from the command line right? Why? Because it now acts like a command. Can't you just put the "command" on a button? Why does it have to be the entire macro?