Render Abort-Inability to create output file?

TheOSUArchitect

A thread like this had already been made, but the question I have wasn't answered in it, so I thought I'd make a new, updated one.

Everytime I try and render, it gives me this message "Make sure the destination directory is writable and that the disk is not full. Rendering aborted." At first I just tried closing out of AutoCAD 2010 and opening it back up, but that didn't work. Next, I tried putting the render at the lowest of all possible low settings...Draft/-1 quality/320x240. It still gives me that same error.

I've tried searching for the temporary files where renderings are stored, but I can't find it. This has never happened before and my project deadline is coming up faster than I'd like. Can anyone help? It would be greatly appreciated.

I believe the destination is on my hard drive, since I wasn't connected to the network when I was working on the renders. The problem I'm having is that, even if they are being stored on my hard drive, I still can't locate them.

What file format are they being saved in?

Have you searched your hard drive for the particular file format?

Wouldn't that path show up in Tools > Options > Files and Folders? Not sure myself. I'd have to check.

I needed to refresh my memory.

So you do a rendering then you click on the word File, in the upper left-hand corner, then on Save. When the Render Output File window comes up what is showing in the Save in: location box at the top of the window? What file name did you use and what file type did you specify?

I save them under one of two types--JPEG and PDF. It's alot easier to put those files into photoshop and manipulate them.

"The problem I'm having is that, even if they are being stored on my hard drive, I still can't locate them."

"Oh, sorry about that...it just goes into a folder on my desktop."

Well it sounds like you have answered your own question then. Problem solved, right?

Unfortunately, no. I can render into that location from other CAD files, but not the one I needed. It still gives me that error. I think I've worked around it by rendering in a new file, but I'm still curious as to why I got that message in the first place. Maybe that particular rendering was just corrupt. I'm not sure. Thanks for the help!