INTERNAL ERROR: !dbobji.cpp@6861: eNotOpenForWrite

chelsea1307

I get the error stated in the title when i try to select multiple blocks and do a find a replace, auto cad then asks if i want to try to save changes after selecting no it closes out completely. Any one seen this before, just started happening today

found the same error on another website caused by a different problem and the solution (XLOADCTL - 2) did not work since mine was already set to 2

Checked AutoDesk website for the eNotOpenForWrite error but only got three hits and all three had a different four-digit number after the "@" symbol.

Which software were you using at the time?

Acad 2009

Did you try to RECOVER?
yes i tried recover, it said there were no errors and opened fine and then crashed out again at the same point. Ive worked around needing to do this for the time being by changing the attribute in properties instead of using the find command, it worked fine that way but still would like to know why im crashing in the first place.

Update 3 seems to have fixed the problem, or maybe restarting my computer did it, either way it now is working as it should, I will be back if it decides it doesnt want to continue working right

Im downloading update 3 now, how do i check to see what updates i have?

Popular question this week.

Type the word About at the command line and hit Enter. On the pop-up window that appears click on the Product Information button. The next window will have all the detailed information regarding the version of AutoCAD you're using.