Creating a "template" or border with drawing title etc on - for every time I plot??

dj_wymo

Hi Peeps

I am drawing some house plans for some alterations to my house. At the minute, every time I plot it obviously just prints what I have drawn. How can I create a template or border for all of my drawings that will be on them every time I print? For example A border around the edge, and then drawing details on the right, such as company logos, drawing title, revision dates etc?

Im sure its very simple but I just have not got a clue where to start, or even what "they" are called!!

Hope you can help

Cheers

Craig :)

Hi Peeps

I am drawing some house plans for some alterations to my house. At the minute, every time I plot it obviously just prints what I have drawn. How can I create a template or border for all of my drawings that will be on them every time I print? For example A border around the edge, and then drawing details on the right, such as company logos, drawing title, revision dates etc?

Im sure its very simple but I just have not got a clue where to start, or even what "they" are called!!

Hope you can help

Cheers

Craig :)

They are called "Titleblocks". AutoCAD has default ones, just open one up from the template selections. :wink:

Awesome!

Ive found one that fits the bill, and I can now edit it to suit etc.

Only thing is - How do I use them? How do I transfer everything that I have drawn into that file? Copy & Paste?

When I used CAD years ago at work, there was a procedure that we used to do prior to plotting, which transferred the drawing as though it was another layer onto the title block. We could then zoom in, and pan it about until we were happy what it was going to plot etc.

How do I do this?

Thanks a lot for the help 8)