Title bar? has disappeared

I have been messing with my toolbars in AutoCAD 2008, and as soon as I got them the way I want them, the bar at the top of my screen is gone (the one with Edit, Insert, Format, etc). Does anybody know how to get it back? I've tried searchining the forums, but I don't even know what to search for! Thanks

So are there any pull-down menus visible? At the very least, there should be "File, and Window". Can you take a screenshot (Print Screen button), paste it in Paint, save as PNG, then post here?

I would post a screenshot if I knew how to insert the png file. But, yes you are right - I do have File, View, Window, and Help drop-down menus, though they do not have the same contents as they used to.

I am pretty sure that in 2009 and 2010 the system variable MENUBAR should be set to 1 for the menu bar to show up. At home I have a copy of 2008 LT but it says MENUBAR is an unknown variable name. Give it a shot, but someone will come along with more accurate knowledge than I have soon.

Glen

MENUBAR was not a command until 2009, when the Ribbon was introduced, so this is N/A.

The fact that the "File, View, Window, and Help" menus are present also indicates that the menubar is present.

A couple of things could be going on here.

1. The menu could be corrupt, in which case AutoCAD loads these 4 default menus that are built into the application. Reloading a good menu will fix this. Open the CUI, find your main menu in the top left and right click on it and choose "Restore..." first. If that doesn't work, repeat and choose "Reset...." (Your menu may not be named "ACMAP")

resetcui.png

2. The current menu may be OK, but for some reason there are no pull downs visible in the current workspace. Can you switch to a different workspace?

If you have the File, View, Window, and Help drop-down menus then the menubar is working.

I pretty sure that you just need to reload the acad.cui file. Somehow it must have got unloaded or corrupted. If corrupted you might need to reinstall CAD.

In the command line type menuload

1.) Click Browse

2.)Hopefully it opens to the correct folder if not it's:

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2008\R17.1\enu\Support

3.) Click acad.cui

and then click load.

Great, I finally got it to work!

I tried your idea first, rkmcswain. But when I right-clicked on the main menu cui, both the restore and reset options were phased out so I couldn't choose them.

Then I tried your idea, cedwards, and it worked perfectly. Of course I have Windows Vista, and it wouldn't let me access the C:\Documents and Settings file without jumping through hoops.

My menu bar is back! Thanks so much to both of you for all your help :)