Autodesk Algor Simulation

shift1313

• 2 weeks later...

I started playing with it and it seems to be a really powerful tool. A little hard to work around since its not at all like the other Autodesk interfaces but I havent gone through any tutorials yet. If you are a student and want to get into any sort of CAE check this out.

• 3 months later...

I see this thread has a lot of views but no replys:)

I've only used this a few times. I was able to do some basic fea on a few single parts. I tried to do some flow analysis on my motorcycle bodywork but I made the mistake of trying to insert the entire bike assembly which put a severe draw on the system. After 2 hrs it still wasnt loaded:)

I would still like to find someone else who uses this.

I downloaded and installed on my machine but it crashes right after spash screen.:x

I am using the earlier version in the classroom - it does take a lot of tutorials to get used to compared to the built in tools in Inventor and SolidWorks. We are doing as much as we can in all three porgrams (and Pro/E Mechanica) - pick up a little trick in each program that can then be used in all of them once we figure it out.

Do you focus on FEA JD or do you guys dive into all aspecs of CAE?

Do to a faculty member leaving I'm just getting into FEA. My background is in manual and CNC machining (now in a virtual environment rather than out on the shop floor). My particular interest now is in Rapid Prototyping technologies.

I suspect these new analysis tools will make complex analysis far more approachable (with inherent mis-use dangers) to a far wider audience. I think overall it will be a big plus - a game changer despite users who will incorreclty use the technology.

Do to a faculty member leaving I'm just getting into FEA. My background is in manual and CNC machining (now in a virtual environment rather than out on the shop floor). My particular interest now is in Rapid Prototyping technologies.

I suspect these new analysis tools will make complex analysis far more approachable (with inherent mis-use dangers) to a far wider audience. I think overall it will be a big plus - a game changer despite users who will incorreclty use the technology.

In the past i have always designed things to be machined/cut and done the NC programming but recently I have been designing injection molded parts which has opened up mold analysis tools and mold flow which have been very helpful. At work I only have access to Simple FEA and Flow analysis with Solidworks which is why I have been learning Algor on the side.

...I have been designing injection molded parts which has opened up mold analysis tools and mold flow which have been very helpful.

You can download Inventor Tooling (search Google) for download site and install with your student version Inventor Professional.

Since Autodesk purchased Moldflow they have been integrating moldflow technology into Inventor.

In addition to the built in tutorials there are some good on-line classes (free) videos at http://au.autodesk.com see MA 222-1 and MA 218-3

Why you are there you should check out MA 308-1 on Inventor Fusion.

Some Algor stuff in MA 9310 and MA 304

And checkout the Manufacturing Keynote.

You might send an email to MFG-BETA@autodesk.com and put AU in the subject line if you are interested in seeing beta of possible future technology.

Well since our university dropped autodesk in 07 I dont have current versions at work. I do however have ugs NX6 which has some excelent mold tools built in. Mold flow is one thing our license doesnt cover unfortunately. I will however check that stuff out on my home machine when i get the chance.

Thanks JD

• 8 months later...

Hi

I am trying to find some really good exercises for flow analysis in Algor.

Also any recommended background reading to understand CFD better.

Thanks

Jason