• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• noorb

• ReMark

• gil9166

• tzframpton

try selecting all the text that you want to change using "qselect" and then in properties change colour to Bylayer

IS THERE A "SELECT SIMILAR" IN 2008? (RIGHT CLICK AFTER PICKING AN ENTITY)

right click where ever the text is you want to change (ie: model space or paper space), click quick select, apply to set to "entire drawing", object type set to "mtext" (or "text", whichever it is you want to change), properties box can be set to anything, operator box should be set to "select all". make sure the "include in new selection set" is picked. click ok. it should select all the mtext (or text) in the drawing. from there you can right click and click properties and set the color to "by layer".

it doesn't work, try it for your self first, thanks
Somebody without the same version of ACAD as you won't be able to 'try it for themselves first', or may be posting whilst at work and not have (time-sheeted company) time to work your problems through for you

This forum does not tolerate snipes, baiting or trolling. It is here as a support function for people at work, so our members are required to post courteously to each other

Somebody without the same version of ACAD as you won't be able to 'try it for themselves first', or may be posting whilst at work and not have (time-sheeted company) time to work your problems through for you

This forum does not tolerate snipes, baiting or trolling. It is here as a support function for people at work, so our members are required to post courteously to each other

Strix, thanks.

I almost replied last night but having left work I couldn't try so thought I'd leave it for a mod to comment.

And out of interest, I have now tried feargt's suggestion and it works on my copy of 2008.

However if the OP meant the colour of text within an MTEXT item then it doesn't work.

Even though you were pretty rude in your above post, I'll help you out anyways. Here is a Lisp routine made by Elise Moss that globally changes all MTEXT to ByLayer throughout the entire drawing. Please be courteous to our senior members, we are only here to help and not all of use are using older versions of AutoCAD when we make suggestions. 8)

cmtxt.lsp

• 1 year later...
Even though you were pretty rude in your above post, I'll help you out anyways. Here is a Lisp routine made by Elise Moss that globally changes all MTEXT to ByLayer throughout the entire drawing. Please be courteous to our senior members, we are only here to help and not all of use are using older versions of AutoCAD when we make suggestions. 8)

nice LISP, though hungry. it eats the last character of mtext in 2011 :-(

• 1 year later...

noorb: Are we talking about the same lisp routine? The one referenced here globally changes all MTEXT to ByLayer. It should not change "precision". And which "precision" are you talking about?

yes i am talking about the same lisp ... i mean it eats the last character of mtext in autocad 2007

ex : 786.674 will be 786.67 after using the lisp !!

do you have any solution for this ??

thank you so much :)

In my test it did not change the precision of any number included in MTEXT no matter how many decimal places after the were occupied. My test numbers looked like this:

My precision was set to 3 decimal places in the Units command.

its not only about precision , also the words ...

for example : station will be statio after using the lisp .. i think there is something wrong in it , but i can't figure it out ..

if you can check it you will see what am talking about ..

please help :)

Sorry, but I encountered no problems with characters used in words or numbers being truncated in any manner. And yes, I ran the lisp routine six times using a variety of MTEXT entries.