LISP to insert blocks depending on certain attributes

cangelo3D

First of all, hello to you all! I am really excited browsing this forum and glad to have joined!

Now, its my first post and i was wondering if its possible to assign attributes in a list of blocks in order to set a way of inserting them through LISP.

My case is that i have to draw an area and then inserting blocks trying to fit as many as possible. Its about setting playground products in a given landscape. My creteria needed to choose which blocks to import are : price and smaller or bigger childrens use (or both).

So blocks must be imported and rotated in a way to use the most of the space given.

Sorry for my long post (hope its not irrelevant) and my english and i am waiting eagerly for a reply!!! You will really save me!

if it helps more i think it has to be separated in steps:

1)calculate which drawings are going to be inserted

2)insert the drawings

3)place them to fit in a given area (closed polyline)

so, my questions are

a)can autocad calculate which drawings (located in the same folder) to insert?

b)if yes, how can you set the creteria?

c)can autocad fit blocks in an area by moving and rotating them without intersecting with eatchother or with the polyline border?

thanks a lot for the reading!

i'll try to attach a drawing later on the day when it will be possible!

If you can calculate it yourself, autocad can caluclate it as well, generally speaking.

Fitting blocks without intersecting within a space is immensely complicated, however, if you can set up a mathematic expression for how to place all blocks, autocad can place them as well.

It all comes down to if the blocks are arbitrarily placed or if a logical pattern is used, if the latter, autocad can do it (with a little help).

There is software out there used in the transport industry to place objects within a given space.

But ! you said your designing playgrounds how can an automated system know which piece to choose next, the auto routines work on placing removing placing etc

The potential accidents are frightening placing a slide to face a swing because it fits ? as you stated above

b)if yes, how can you set the creteria?

There may though be some programs out there that will check if the pieces are touching (search "interference"), due to your industry I doubt you can automate a design layout.

There is software out there used in the transport industry to place objects within a given space.
is it something similar to FactoryPlan plugin that a friend indroduced me?

But ! you said your designing playgrounds how can an automated system know which piece to choose next, the auto routines work on placing removing placing etc
thats mainly what i was wondering. if there is a way setting attributes to a list of objects indicating the space each one need, the value, the importance of it etc..

So then forming a mathematical expression of choosing the "right" ones would be simple. But if attaching an attribute to a block is possible only after you insert it in a drawing then thats the end of the story cause it will need all my blocks inserted (afraid they are too many) and then removing some.:(

The potential accidents are frightening placing a slide to face a swing because it fits ?
well, i have designed a safety area around each one so i guess i just need that area not only not to intersect with eachother but also to have "air" around it.

due to your industry I doubt you can automate a design layout.
yeah... i'm kind of convinced too. I had to ask though! Always good to try and learn things. Thanks a lot for the reply!