Default Drawing

AJSmith

sorry i will try explain more clearly

we have a number of templates already set up

so get the CAD users to change there options to point the the location of our templates on the server (this way if templates are updated users are using the upto date version not an old one on their pc)

so what i want to know:

is there a nother option that everyone can change so that we all use the same default template when AutoCAD opens

if you change the QNEW it stops the looking for the other templates

hope that is clear

Adam Smith

new.JPG

options.JPG

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AJSmith

• stevsmith

• ReMark

• Glen Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unless you have changed a default, AutoCAD opens the ACAD.DWT file when you launch it. You can only have one default open with launch. My acad.dwt has a picture of my daughters so when I launch AutoCAD, I see them. Your acad.dwt can have your default text styles, dimension styles layout tabs and so forth loaded. Once you get that drawing set up the way you want it, put it in everyones local acad.dwt, or set up all users to point at a networked copy of that acad.dwt.

Glen

Set up a series of Shortcuts that open with a specific template. Case closed. No one gets a chance to choose something different as it is already pre-determined which template will be used for any given size drawing.

The way you show your options set up will give you what you want. With a template folder specified but no default file .dwt set the dialog box will open to the template folder. From there the user will pick the template from the list of choices available. This sounds like what you are after. You don't want one single template file but a list of available template files for users to choose from.

Try STARTUP set to 1 or 0 to see which way you prefer.

• 9 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread,

Do you not want to add the /t key to the shortcut.

i.e. right click your autocad shortcut. After everything add /t mytemplate.dwt

Make sure you add the location of the template to the support paths within autocad. Then the blank drawing that opens with cad will be anyone you specify