probably a stupid question

mynmonic

I wish I could help, but we deal mostly with Architectural and mechanical modeling and rendering. Not much character modeling or animation being done here.

is it possible for one to specialize in both architectural visual as well as character/game scene animation? or simply one part of them will spend our whole life to digging in?

yes i know i'm greedy....

Splitting your time and effort between the two seems counterproductive to me. But there is always an exception to the rule. Be the exception.

i'm a beginner in 3d world i'd like to know how counterproductive they are. i thought they share the same knowledge that cover most of the production area. both of them need to be good in modeling/texture making/lighting effect. the only different i know is still image vs low polygons. plz tell me more, i need to forecast my career path.

Sure, the two share some common traits. What do you consider "architectural visualization" to be exactly? Do you expect to be doing renderings all day?

At the moment there's probably more work in the gaming field than the architectural field.

bein greedy aint that bad, then again , this must depend on what direction you want to be in. If you do become an expert in both, but your career is centered in animation/game developing- then having been an expert in Architectural visualization becomes somewhat of a waste.. and vice versa.

You can do both, but unless you're planning on doing this freelance, you need to figure out which one you really want to specialize in. Because if you get a job at a game studio, you won't be doing any arch vis work, and if you get a job doing arch vis work, you won't be doing any game modeling. So you need to figure out what you want to do for a living and then specialize in that. You can always do the other one in your spare time for fun, or to earn money on the side, but you really should pick a career path and then work towards that for now.

err... architecture visual i guess it's just modeling & rendering all the day, no?

thanks for all your opinions, i will make up my mind.:roll:

Try searching for a job that only has to do with modeling and rendering all day. Please post the results of that search here so we know how many you found. I, for one, would be curious. Thanks.