The Fountain

Cad64

I've been working on this, off and on, for the past 3 or 4 weeks and now it's finally finished, so I thought I'd show it off. :D

Modeled in 3DS Max

Lions heads sculpted in ZBrush

Rendered with Mental Ray - No FG or GI - Render time 12 minutes

Compositing, detailing and finishing touches in Photoshop

I built the fountain while following a DVD training video I got from Eat3D, and since I invested all that time in building it, I decided to go ahead and texture it and create a scene for it.

I think it turned out pretty good. 8)

The_Fountain.jpg

OMG! Beautiful!

3-4 weeks to finish? Amazing, gorgeous!

My "stuff" is so simple, plan and elevation views, plumbing. I feel so

incompetent.

Great work Cad64!

My "stuff" is so simple, plan and elevation views, plumbing. I feel so

incompetent.

LoL. All I get are wireframe surfaces when I used object viewer. :)

Very nice work!!

Thanks for the replies everyone. :)

Arjun, the water from the lions was painted in Photoshop. I created a renderable spline in Max to use as a guide and then just painted over it.

Thanks for the replies everyone. :)

Arjun, the water from the lions was painted in Photoshop. I created a renderable spline in Max to use as a guide and then just painted over it.

thought its was particle in max,, well you really are a master of postproduction in ps. thanks for sharing.:D

No, the background was added in Photoshop. In my opinion, it's better to place the background separate from the render. That way you have complete control over its placement and you can adjust its color, add effects or replace it completely without altering your render.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks sweet. nice one:D

I take it is quicker to use zbrush to model (sculpt) the face than it would be to do it in MAX?, I have use MAX back in the day at college but we never got round to doing any complex stuff like faces.

Looks sweet. nice one:D

I take it is quicker to use zbrush to model (sculpt) the face than it would be to do it in MAX?, I have use MAX back in the day at college but we never got round to doing any complex stuff like faces.

Yeah, it only took about an hour to sculpt the face in ZBrush. It would have taken half the day, or more, to do it in Max with the same degree of detail.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...