Problems printing from 3D model, conceptual & 3D hidden

Steward

Hi All

I have recently come back to 3D modelling after not using for nearly 10 years. I have picked up the new software quite quickly as i have been using the 2D package over that period and have used Sketchup although infrequently.

My problems seem to occur when I try to print from my model. I would like to print in 3D Hidden but all i get whether to PDF or the work printers is what you see on the attached link.

I would also like to print conceptual isometric views of the model but when I try they come out pretty bad quality no matter how high i set the DPI. Although they are only simple colours it would be nice to have more precise and defined lines. I have a feeling that this may need rendering and if that is the case just let me know and i can research that aspect of the package.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I am using AutoCAD 2010

Many thanks in advance

3D Hidden.pdf

Conceptual.pdf

Hallo!

I´m using Architecture 2009 and in my Swedish verison we have an display configuration called "presentation" and when we make PDF´s or hardcopys they look really good. Sharp lines and colors are ok.

Post a part of your file and I will make a PDF as a test for you.

If that is what you looking for, I´m sure there is way to set the display config on your version as well.

//Tobias

Hi

I cannot get the filesize below the limit and i need to have posted 9 times before i can include a link for you and i am only on 6.

Do you have an example you could post?

Hallo again!

I have downloaded your file, and converted it in TruwView but I get a Fatal Error opening it in 2009, can you export to DWG 2007 format and I will give it a try.

I made a quick example for you with a box in conceptual and in presentation, I use PdfCreator. I think It looks ok, of course the lines are not precise, but when I make a hardcopy on our printer It looks very good.

The example in conceptual is printed in modelspace, and the presentation is from a layout tab i call Presentation and is controlled by the display config. It uses the materials you choose on your objects.

I hope you understand, and remember that I´m using Architecture.

I have not made this display config, it comes from our Cad firm that deliver our programs.

Yo can Email me your file at tobiasasa?hotmail.com

/Tobias

Box conceptual_400dpi.pdf

Box presentation_300dpi.pdf