How to make part with chain line in Inventor drawing?

mkdev2004

Dear all,

I am new to this forum. I have a question to solve.

I am using Autodesk Inventor Professional 2009 for designing fixtures for varuious components(parts to be manufactured). While designing the fixtures, along with these component files, I am getting the final assembly with the component and when generating the drawings for these fixtures, the original component is also getting as a part of the total assembly. I need to show this component only in phantom lines in the final drawing. But I dont know how to do this. Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance

mkdev

This will probably get moved down a few forums. There is an Inventor only forum.

As far as your question. Assembly and Drawing both show the most current state. If you update something in the assembly it should update in the drawing file. i havent tried to do what you are asking but im pretty sure you can make the parts you want "ghosted" see through and show a shaded model in the drawing file.

Its hard to say what exactly your trying to do. If your trying to show a 3d model with parts phantomed it might be easiest to set the material for the parts to something like glass or something that show opacity to the part.

But if your doing a 2d drawing of the model you are working on the you would change the line type for the lines you want to phantom.

Please give abit more detail on if you are doing a 2d working drawing or just showing the 3d model itself in workspace.

Here my requirement.

I designed a fixture for a component sub assembly. The fixture assembly was done along with the component sub assembly. I have to show this to the tool room engineer for his understanding of the requirement. In the 2D drawing, I have to show this component sub assembly in phantom line, and the edges of the fixture in solid line.

Can anybody explain me how can I achieve this?

Dev

Here my requirement.

I designed a fixture for a component sub assembly. The fixture assembly was done along with the component sub assembly. I have to show this to the tool room engineer for his understanding of the requirement. In the 2D drawing, I have to show this component sub assembly in phantom line, and the edges of the fixture in solid line.

Can anybody explain me how can I achieve this?

Dev

Here my requirement....

...Can anybody explain me how can I achieve this?

There is a built in Tutorial that explains how to do this. Just checked to be sure and see that they have removed the step-by-step tutorial. The example is still there and actually part of the tutorial is still there, but they diverge from what you want. See Level2 Tutorial 10. Attach example here or refer to Arbor Press assembly and I can walk you through the process.

Design View Representation and Overlay View. See the Arbor Press drawing in Samples folder (Tutorial folder for those using 2010)