Convert CM to M?

achanner

Hi All,

Sorry if this is asked a lot and is a really dumb beginners question, but I cant seem to find the answer I need.

I have created a full building plan in model space in CM so something that is 3.5m long shows as 350.000.

I have discovered that when I import the CAD into a visualiser, that it only allows me to select Meters.

How do I change my drawing so that it shows Metres? IE show 3.5 instead of 350.000?

Ive played around with scaling, but I dont seem to get the right sizes, and I lose the clarity in my drawing when it comes to curves etc.

Im using Autocad 2009.

Cheers,

Anthony

I would prefer mm than cm, so I would scale up by 10.

However, if you really need to then you will need to scale down to 0.01.

Edit: There will more than likely be a reason for it to have been drawn at this scale- check before you change anything or SAVEAS and work on that!

I assume that you are showing 350 POINT 000 and not 350,000?

Hi,

Yeah - 350.000 as in 350 cm. I will check to see if I can do mm in my visualiser, if so then scaling up by 10 works best - never thought of that.... :?

Cheers,

Anthony

You can increase the resolution of your circles and arcs by using the VIEWRES command and setting the circle zoom percentage to the maximum value.

Cheers Jabba,

Will remember that one for future reference, in the end though, using CM is off my list for good - scaling up by 10 into MM as suggested by GE worked well.

Anthony