combine xref to dwg

sparkyuk

I know how to forward dwgs etc using transmit to make sure all the files needed are included, but can it be done so all I need is a dwg file and everything is combined already please ?. :oops:

You can use the BIND or INSERT command within the XREF dialog box to actually insert the XREF into your main drawing, (acts like a block or can be actual separate entities) and go that route.

If you are using a bunch of custom things like very specific color tables, shape files, certain fonts and all that, there is no way to combine it into a single drawing, you will have to send it all to the recipient.

But for XREFS, you can insert them into the main drawing and it'll all be there.

Ok guys thanks for that,

So what I do is left click the xref in model space to select it right click select extrenal reference then when the window opens select the xref and choice to bind it ? simple as that ?.

And if thats correct how do you insert it into a drawing, that already has the xref in it, incase i need to do it that way one day please?

Bring up the XREF dialog box, select the XREF you want to insert or bind to your main drawing, right-click and select 'BIND' then that will open the bind or insert dialog box, choose your option, then hit ok. That XREF is now part of your drawing, similar to either a normal block, or as separate entities.

Simple as that.

When you do that, it INSERTS it into the drawing so there is no need to go and reinsert it (hopefully I am making sense). If you want to insert the 'XREF DATA' into a drawing, rather then using XREF, just insert it like any other common block, and it'll be in there (producing the same thing as a 'Bind' or 'Insert'.

Glad to be able to help, ran into instances like this in the past multiple times with regards to issuing to clients. The 'pack-and-go' feature (now known as etransit) works good also, but you end up with more then one file, but it specifically ensures you are sending 'everything'.

I know how to forward dwgs etc using transmit to make sure all the files needed are included, but can it be done so all I need is a dwg file and everything is combined already please ?. :oops:

I am using 2010 so this may have changed since 2008, but in etransmit you can set it up to either bind or insert the other drawings, and even purge them.

If this is not in 2008 then, never mind.

Yeah you can 'bind' in 2008 with etransit, under settings once your in there but not sure where the 'purge' option is, if it's even in there, I don't see it anywhere.

Yeah you can 'bind' in 2008 with etransit, under settings once your in there but not sure where the 'purge' option is, if it's even in there, I don't see it anywhere.

In 2010 it is here....> see attached

^^ yeah thanks for the screenshot, they must have added that in 2009 or 2010, as it isn't an option in 2008's etransit (just for later reference via search if anyone is looking).