Bad Definitions when loading linetypes

skipsophrenic

Every timpe i try to load my linetypes I keep getting the folliwing error message,

Have tried re-boout, no joy, any Ideas?

bad definition.jpg

AutoCAD doesn't like something about the particular linetype definition file. Did you do any recent customizing of ZIGZAG?

BTW...a reboot will do nothing to fix a linetype definition problem.

lin files are text files so open it with notepad and look at line 128. Does it follow the same format as all the lines around it? Sometimes it is as simple as a missing comma.

If there appears to be an obvious difference modify the file in notepad, save it and open the drawing again.

BTW...ZigZag is a standard AutoCAD linetype. Normally I wouldn't recommend tweaking it. I'd create a duplicate of it (call it ZigZag2 or MyZigZag) and tweak that instead.

Bad line. Bad, bad, bad.:lol:

i'll have a look, see if i can find it, but they've somehow locked a lot of files on my computer, i keep getting the "need to be an administrator" message

The OOTB Zigzag linetype uses a shape defined in the ltypeshp.shx file. Make sure acad can find that file. Try typing (findfile "ltypeshp.shx") at the command line to see if the file is in acad's support path.

The OOTB Zigzag linetype uses a shape defined in the ltypeshp.shx file. Make sure acad can find that file. Try typing (findfile "ltypeshp.shx") at the command line to see if the file is in acad's support path.

finds it no problem here's what the command line returns.

"C:\\Documents and Settings\\PSmith2\\Application Data\\Autodesk\\AutoCAD

2008\\R17.1\\enu\\support\\ltypeshp.shx"

Your Zigzag definition is the same as mine in Acadiso.lin. I'm at a loss....

Try inserting the shape Zig (Shape > Zig). If that doesn't work, try loading the ltypeshp.shx file (Load).

No joy as in you can't insert the shape Zig and/or can't load the ltypeshp.shx file?

Try the Shape command, ?, * to list the shapes loaded and from what .shx file. Is there a Zig... is there any from ltypeshp.shx?

Don't mean to hijack, but I have a similar problem. My shape does load and I can insert a copy of it into my drawing using the SHAPE command. When I try to call the shape with my custom linetype definition, I get an error reading the line that is calling the shape. The custom line worked fine in 2009, when we upgraded to 2010 it no longer works. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

I think the problem with line 128 is that there is not a blank line. I know acad.lin requires a blank line at the very end, it may need a blank line before a line starting with a comment.