Tools -> Options (tabs are missing) CAD09

Proctor

Hello: I recently noticed that some of my tabs from Tools-> options are missing. I see a total of 10 right now...the last one being the profile's tab.

one in paticular i'm missing is the one called AM:STANDARDS.

How can I get these back?

Thanks,

Proctor

Are you running a vertical AutoCAD product, such as Civil or Architecture? If so, check which profile you're running. You might be in the plain Vanilla AutoCAD profile. Switch back and everything will be there. :)

thanks for your reply. are you talking about the workspaces? I only see AutoCad classic, 3D Modling and 2D Drafting.

i use to see mechanical...in paticular when i looked under help...but that's gone now too.

Proctor

StykFacE: I looked under profiles and it's set to ACADMPP.

Proctor

Maybe do a restart of AutoCAD. Also, right-click on the AutoCAD Icon shortcut and go to properties. Under the "Target" text box, there should be a "/p profile name" at the end. Do you see this? This is how you preset the profiles from the program launch. I know that you can't open Vanilla AutoCAD and switch to your other profile, it has to be launch in that profile for these options to be available.

StykFacE: thanks for showing me this. I copied the line and here's what it's set to:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ACADM 2009\acad.exe" /p >

proctor

Okay well it's set properly. Try going to the Profiles tab and re-setting the ACADMPP to Current. If that doesn't work, then maybe the CUI file has gone ker-plunk.

Ok...I did a reset and it's still bad. do you know what i can do in the cui to fix this? i know how to open it.. w/ the toolbar command...but what do i do once i'm in there?

thanks again for your help,

proctor

Man, this is where I would get you into trouble. If I was to sit down in front of your station I could fix it. I hope someone can help you beyond this point.... I'm sure someone can. I'm just positive it's a Profile or CUI issue is all it is.

thank you for all your help you've given me. maybe someone will be able to give me a solution?

i could do a repair; however, there's another user that's having the same issue and I would like to be able to instruct them how to resolve w/out doing a repair if it's possible.

thanks again for your time.

proctor