Stuck in Relative point entry mode - I think..

J S Machine

I have a small problem when going through simple tutorials. I will enter L into the command line to start a line. I enter the first set of coordinates and hit enter and all is good. I directly enter the second set of coordinates to tell the line where to go, and it automaticly switches them to a relative state. This draws a line at an angle - not my intention. For example - copied from my command line history:

Command: l

LINE Specify first point: 1,2

Specify next point or [undo]: @3,2

I did not enter the @ symbol which would have manually made the command relative coordinates. I believe there may be a setting somewhere that defaults the drawing to relative commands possibly. Am I right? It does the same thing if I turn ortho on as well.

What can I do to correct this?

Thanks

Turn off Dynmode to enter your stuff at the command line instead of the irritating thing that follows the cursor around...

or change the settings by right clicking on the DYN button on the status bar

j1.JPG

Turn off Dynmode to enter your stuff at the command line instead of the irritating thing that follows the cursor around...

or change the settings by right clicking on the DYN button on the status bar

Thanks!

The tutorial advised to turn that off, but I couldn't find it and assumed it would already be off anyway. I didn't know it was related to the problem.