visual styles problem please help

valrecx

hi guys i'm using cad for almost a year now, but still i'm not an expert. I have a problem ragarding visual styles. I can't hide the lines that is under a surface object. I made a box with a height of 100 mm and then I made a surface that is 100 mm elevated from 0,0,0 origins. But i can't hide the top of the box when i use conceptual or realistic style, And when i tried to render it i can see the color of the box from the top of the surface. Please help sorry for my english

untitled.jpg

hi guys i'm using cad for almost a year now, but still i'm not an expert. I have a problem ragarding visual styles. I can't hide the lines that is under a surface object. I made a box with a height of 100 mm and then I made a surface that is 100 mm elevated from 0,0,0 origins. But i can't hide the top of the box when i use conceptual or realistic style, And when i tried to render it i can see the color of the box from the top of the surface. Please help sorry for my english

I get the same thing so it is either an AutoCAD glitch or a poor video card / driver. If I move the rectangle object up or give it a thickness then the problem goes away.

the two surfaces are overlapping each other - it's a problem that doesn't go away unless you move one object above or below, depending which object you choose. You don't have to move it by much, just a bit.

plus i think you made a box, and over it you have most probably a region, that's why it's shown colored. try making a plane out of that region, see if that helps, other than that i got nothing better to say; i've been using acad for over 9 years and teaching it for 5, but i never combined solids with something else, other than a plane on which they stood.

Thanks for the help, i found out that the problem is my graphic card. I move the surface .5 mm up but the problem is still there. I change my 3d configuration setting on Direct 3D and the problem goes away. But my card can't support the Direct 3D too much. After a few minutes editing my drawings and then changing the visual style into conceptual, my drawing dissapeared. Hehe Maybe i need to replace my video card lol. thanks

i've been using acad for over 9 years and teaching it for 5, but i never combined solids with something else, other than a plane on which they stood.

Sir it is only an example to show what my problem is