add underline to multiple text

chelsea1307

I don't believe there is anything directly in AutoCAD that will do this, but I'm sure someone could create a LISP or possibly one is already existing that will do this for you. You can do this IF the text is all the same (like the same words) easily by adding the %%U prior to the text in the properties pane but that is only if all the text is the same (highly unlikely).

Give this a whirl:

(defun c:txt (/ ss str u)
 (vl-load-com)
 (initget 1 "U L REV UN RE")
 (if (and (setq u (getkword "\nUpper Lower UNderline REmove-Underline REVerse: "))
      (setq ss (ssget ":L" '((0 . "TEXT"))))
     )
   (foreach x (mapcar 'vlax-ename->vla-object
              (vl-remove-if 'listp (mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex ss)))
          )
     (setq str (vla-get-textstring x))
     (cond
   ((= u "U") (vla-put-textstring x (strcase str)))
   ((= u "L") (vla-put-textstring x (strcase str t)))
   ((and (= u "UN") (not (wcmatch (strcase str) "*%%U*")))
    (vla-put-textstring x (strcat "%%U" (vla-get-textstring x)))
   )
   ((= u "RE")
    (if (wcmatch (strcase str) "*%%U*")
      (vla-put-textstring x (vl-string-subst "" "%%U" (vla-get-textstring x)))
    )
   )
   ((= u "REV")
    (vla-put-textstring
      x
      (apply 'strcat (mapcar 'chr (reverse (vl-string->list str))))
    )
   )
     )
   )
 )
 (princ)
)

You could use this lisp (thanks to the unknown author) and use %%u as the prefix

Besides the Steelers, more good "stuff" from Pittsburgh, PA! :wink:

Why reinvent the wheel?

On the text formatting tool bar near the center, there is a U with a line under it. High lite the text you want underscored then click that button.

Why reinvent the wheel?

On the text formatting tool bar near the center, there is a U with a line under it. High lite the text you want underscored then click that button.

That would force the user to open every text object. She was hoping to avoid just that.

• 2 months later...

sorry for the late reply got moved onto other things, ronjonp your lisp worked great, lpseifert when i download the attached lisp it is just a bunch of funky symbols. is there a way to make ronjonps lisp work with mtext? i tried exploding all my mtext back to dtext used the lisp then tried t2m (text2mtext lisp) but it just put %%u in front of everything and took out the underline

I think that this should work:

[b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]defun c:ultext [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]/ ss i en ed tv pre[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]and [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq ss [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssget '[b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]0 . [color=#2f4f4f]"*TEXT"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq i -1[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]while [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq en [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]ssname ss [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]setq i [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]1+ i[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq ed [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entget en[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                   tv [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]assoc 1 ed[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                  pre nil[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]cond [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]= [color=#2f4f4f]"TEXT"[/color]  [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]assoc 0 ed[b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b] [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]setq pre [color=#2f4f4f]"%%U"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                   [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]= [color=#2f4f4f]"MTEXT"[/color] [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]assoc 0 ed[b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b] [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]setq pre [color=#2f4f4f]"\\L"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]and pre
                 [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]/= pre [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]substr tv 1 [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]strlen pre[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                 [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entmod [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]subst [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]cons 1 [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]strcat pre tv[b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b] [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]assoc 1 ed[b][color=RED])[/color][/b] ed[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]prin1[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]

-David

You're welcome.

Here's a little tweak so that you don't add the prefix twice.

[color=#8b4513];;;UNDERLINE TEXT SELECTIONS[/color]
[b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]defun c:ultext [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]/ i ss en ed tv pf[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]and [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq i -1
           ss [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssget '[b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]0 . [color=#2f4f4f]"*TEXT"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]while [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq en [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]ssname ss [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]setq i [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]1+ i[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq ed [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entget en[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                   tv [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]assoc 1 ed[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                   pf [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]cond [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b][b][color=RED]([/color][/b]= [color=#2f4f4f]"TEXT"[/color]  [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=TEAL]([/color][/b]assoc 0 ed[b][color=TEAL])[/color][/b][b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b] [color=#2f4f4f]"%%U"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                            [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b][b][color=RED]([/color][/b]= [color=#2f4f4f]"MTEXT"[/color] [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=TEAL]([/color][/b]assoc 0 ed[b][color=TEAL])[/color][/b][b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b] [color=#2f4f4f]"\\L"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                            [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]T nil[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]and pf
                 [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]/= pf [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]strcase [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]substr tv 1 [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]strlen pf[b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                 [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entmod [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]subst [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]cons 1 [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]strcat pf tv[b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b] [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]assoc 1 ed[b][color=RED])[/color][/b] ed[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]prin1[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]

-David

• 13 years later...
On 1/21/2010 at 10:51 PM, David Bethel said:

You're welcome.

Here's a little tweak so that you don't add the prefix twice.

[color=#8b4513];;;UNDERLINE TEXT SELECTIONS[/color]
[b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]defun c:ultext [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]/ i ss en ed tv pf[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]and [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq i -1
           ss [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssget '[b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]0 . [color=#2f4f4f]"*TEXT"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
                   pf [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]cond [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b][b][color=RED]([/color][/b]= [color=#2f4f4f]"TEXT"[/color]  [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=TEAL]([/color][/b]assoc 0 ed[b][color=TEAL])[/color][/b][b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b] [color=#2f4f4f]"%%U"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                            [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b][b][color=RED]([/color][/b]= [color=#2f4f4f]"MTEXT"[/color] [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=TEAL]([/color][/b]assoc 0 ed[b][color=TEAL])[/color][/b][b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b] [color=#2f4f4f]"\\L"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                            [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]T nil[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]and pf
                 [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]/= pf [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]strcase [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]substr tv 1 [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]strlen pf[b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                 [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entmod [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]subst [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]cons 1 [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]strcat pf tv[b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b] [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]assoc 1 ed[b][color=RED])[/color][/b] ed[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

-David

Hi guys

Anyone could tell me that , whats these things in these codes::

[b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]/= pre [b][color=BLUE]([/color]

and what exactly wheres use of them and whats that application of them.??

They are the control codes for the forum in an older style, if you download lisp code then remove them entirely then lisp will work. PS Hopefully.

• Like 1