Plotter HP Designjet 500 vs 510

dimitris

Hi

I'm planning tou buy a plotter A0. Actually I have a Hp dj 500 A1 and works fine for my requirments (mostly grey scale 2D drawings, -structural type) . Now that I will buy an A0 format should I get the dj 510 that has almost the same features with the dj 500 with more memory and bigger resolution and costs almost the same? Does anyone has the 510?

HP Designjet 500 features

HP Designjet 510 features

Also for these plotters do you propone an internal printer server like HP Jetdirect 620n or an external like HP en 1700

thanks in advance.

We've used a 500 for the past 7 years with nary a problem and would highly recommend it. However I would suggest considering the 510 as "older" models of any peripheral tend to fall off the Windows "supported" list pretty fast. More memory, higher resolution at about the same cost? Sounds like a winner to me.