AutoCAD Architecture 2010 - classic tool bars

daniel_russell

Hi,

I have just got Architecture 2010 and found that it no longer supports the classic tool bar layout, only the ribbon which I find much slower and too bulky. I have downloaded the files that Autodesk published in order to revert back to classic settings, but I am unsure how to use them now that I have the folder on my desktop!

I am relatively new to autoCAD, so my knowledge on the technical side of things is not the best!

Many thanks

At the bottom of the AutoCAD window there is a button called "Workspace Switching" This should allow you to change the style of menu that you use.

I understand how you feel about the Ribbon, I am not very fond of it myself. I do know that some people have adapted well to the new style and they say that it is easier in the long run. I think IMO I haven't given it a fair chance. Maybe someday I will try it out some more :)

Thanks for the reply, however that only works for AutoCAD, not the Architecture 2010 version. Autodesk have decided not to provide classic settings to this version, however they published a download which you could load in to provide the classic toolbars; which i have downloaded, I just don't know how to load them in. Any ideas?

Thanks, only issue now; I am in C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Architecture 2010, but there is no file entitled 'program' as described in the instructions. Is it called something different for AutoCAD, as the instructions are written for Revit?

Still no luck! I read the AUGI link, which directed me to the file which i downloaded. I then clicked on the link to the discussion. I followed Mark Kingston's advice, but got lost at the finding file bit. I have the CUI window open, just not sure what to do next!