How Do You Set Text Snap Insertion Point

drayle

Running AutoCAD 2010 LT.

I am moving text around and need to align it horizontally with another line of text using object snaps and polar tracking, but it seems like sometimes the insertion point symbol of the text I'm moving using the move command is in the upper left hand corner and sometimes it is in the lower left hand corner. How do you force it to one or the other. It seems like insertion point symbol of the text I'm aligning to is always in the lower left hand corner so thats where I want it on the text that I'm moving, but it seems to fluctuate between upper and lower left corners which is very frustrating.

In attached the sample I am trying to align my sheet number to the attached XREF. When I selected the text (5 OF 7) the snap automatically went to the uppper left corner. When I move the text and hover over the text I want to align to in the XREF (SHEET) using polar tracking the insertion point is in the lower left corner.

Object Snap Sample.pdf

Looks like the justification (also the insert point) of the '5 of 7' is upper left; and the 'Sheet' is lower left. The justification can be edited in Properties

lpseifert,

Thanks a lot. That was the problem. I was copying the sheet number "5 OF 7" from another drawing created by somebody else and the justification was set different from what XREF I was using. I never noticed the grips and snaps moving based on the justification before. I'm new to AutoCAD and really appreciate the folks here the forums who take time out of their day to answer these stupid questions.

If the text is MTEXT, then the justification is usually Top Left. If you do not need it to be MTEXT, try Exploding it and the Justification should change to Left.